- 7 p.m. Sept. 15: Donald Bellows - “British Reactions to the American Civil War”in Center for Creativity Event Space at TCC Metro Campus;
- 1 p.m. Oct. 4: “Ken Burns’ Civil War Documentary” film in the small auditorium (room 1603) at TCC Northeast Campus;
- 1 p.m. Oct. 5: “Ken Burns’ Civil War Documentary” film in the film/lecture room at TCC Metro Campus;
- Oct. 15: Battlefield Tour of Pea Ridge National Battlefield, Pea Ridge, Ark. (Contact Ken Blankemeyer for details at ext. 7122.)
- 1 p.m. Nov. 8: “Indian Warriors: The Untold Story of the Civil War” film at TCC Northeast Campus;
- 1 p.m. Nov. 9: “Indian Warriors: The Untold Story of the Civil War” film in film/lecture room at TCC Metro Campus;
- 7 p.m. Nov. 17: Ric Powell- “The Slave Ship Henrietta Marie” in the Philips Auditorium room 110 at TCC Metro Campus; and
- 10 a.m. Nov. 18: Ric Powell-“Ghosts of the Trade: The Recovery and Interpretation of the Slave Ship Henrietta Marie” in the large auditorium room 1470 at TCC Northeast Campus.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Slave ships, 'Indian Warriors' and more revealed in Civil War series
If you learned everything you know about the Civil War from “Cold Mountain,” then you should attend one (or, let’s face it, all) of the sessions at TCC devoted to this infamous war. Experts on the subject will present and show films throughout the year on topics such as the role of Native Americans in the war, British reactions to the war and slave ships.