Has it been a while since you were in a math course? Do you need to refresh your skills this summer before the fall semester? For the second year, TCC is offering MathPath to boost your college math skills and help you score your best on the TCC math placement test. Scoring higher may allow you to skip TCC math review courses (developmental math courses with no college credits), and prepare for that first college level math class. Taking fewer or zero developmental math classes would save you time and money.
In MathPath, a continuing education class, instructors work one-on-one with students to address each student's need.
Last year's MathPath students had this to say about the experience:
1. Going at my own pace.
2. Telling me which problems i did wrong
3. It really helped to remember what I needed to, Iv been out of school for 2 years now and I had forgotten a lot and this math class really helped me
4. There was a math site available when you got home. So you could learn outside the course.
5. The study plan and being able to study from home as well
6. Once you took a test, it automatically knew what you needed to work on most to improve your score, and retake the test again. It also had an option where you could ask for help on any problem, and you could also ask your instructor. It has helped me understand the math that I didn't understand in high school!!
7. It took you step by step in each question if you needed it.
8. The tests told you what you needed to study
9.The instructor is really nice & helpful.
10.My situation was unique in that I have been out of the classroom for an extended period and needed a boost in my self confidence.
The cost of the two-week class is $50. Info: 918-595-7200.
When & Where:
July 23-Aug. 2
1:30-3:30 p.m. (CRN# 90845)
5:30-7:30 p.m. (CRN# 90846)
3-5 p.m. (CRN# 90852)
July 30-Aug. 9
5:30-7:30 p.m. (CRN# 70003)
11:30-1:30 p.m. (CRN# 90847)
5:30-7:30 p.m. (CRN# 90848)
9:30-11:30 a.m. (CRN# 90854)
July 30-Aug. 9
9:30-11:30 a.m. (CRN# 70004)