Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sticktoitiveness--These kids have it

I visited the TulsaFest kiddos this morning at the TCC Southeast Campus, and it made me miss taking music lessons as a kid. I took piano for a couple of years in elementary school, but I lacked discipline. Not these kids. From elementary school to high school, it was clear from their skills that they are committed. I wish I would have stuck with it. Isn't that what we always say when we get older?

These young musicians were amazing. I wanted to spend the whole day there in hopes that some of their talent would rub off on me. Alas, no. If you want to be great at anything it takes lots of work. Reality rears its ugly head.

I gave conductor Barry Epperley a hug and asked if I could spend the rest of the day. He shook me to awaken me from my daydreaming. I actually made up that last part.

But seriously, don't you wish you could go back in time and stick with the music/dance/tennis/golf lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment