Monday, December 12, 2011

Free holiday game guarantees fun not faux pas

In my family, there have definitely been some homemade holiday games that we would like to forget. At least, I would like to forget. In hindsight, I shouldn't have asked the couples in my family that personal question when we played a mock "Newlywed Game." It sounded funny when I was writing the question which was based on old episodes I found on YouTube, but when the question came out of my mouth all I wanted to do was hide. I did not need to know that about my parents. Ugh!

Well, my mother-in-law found a non-embarrassing, free "game" to play during the holidays that really isn't a game at all. It's all about getting to know your family better, but not in an over-share kind of way. It's called "50 Thanksgiving Story Starters," but you could use this for any holiday. It asks things like who were you named after, what was your first pet, how do you remember your grandparents, etc. You don't have to do all 50--you can pick and choose which ones to ask.

But if this holiday game seems lame to you, at least promise me that you'll run any and all made-up games by a friend of the opposite gender before presenting them to your family. It could save you from an embarrassing faux pas.

No comments:

Post a Comment