Friday, August 26, 2011

The fruitcake formula: Semester countdown, fruitcake comparison

So, it is finally Friday! The first week of classes is complete, and you only have 15 left if you're taking traditional 16-week classes. It isn't as long as it seems.

It may seem like forever, but when I think back to the 12 months my grandma used to let her fruitcake "age," 15 weeks seem relatively short! I never ate the fruitcake, but I longed for the moment when I could watch the grownups eat something that had been sitting for a year. Fascinating. If you have never heard of letting fruitcake age, you have to read this. I laughed out loud when I read that some people don't even consider eating fruitcake until it is three years old!

Anywho, I digress. The point is that this semester will be over before you know it. Work hard, stay focused and in no time you too can be eating fruitcake. I mean, graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment