Friday, September 2, 2011

Turning 18? Protect your online reputation

I am so glad that Facebook wasn't around when I was a teenager. There is no telling what inner thoughts I would have openly shared with the world simply because I am a communicator. I like to talk (and write)!

It seems teens today are sharing info that would perhaps be better left "unposted." Certain posts and photos might be considered funny by friends, but beware! When you turn 18 and start looking for jobs and applying to colleges, these seemingly innocent posts could hurt your chances when potential employers and college admission representatives Google you.

If you are unsure how your social media presence could affect your future, consider attending a free workshop offered by the Tulsa Public Library. The workshop, "OMG! I'm turning 18," is from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 17 at Hardesty Regional Library. You can register here.

No comments:

Post a Comment